Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Fan Page and more…

Many of you many have read my previous weeks blogs and Tweets know that I was in the process of creating a Fan Page on Facebook. The Fan Page has been activated and was named Cervical Cancer: Radiation Patients Unite.

This Fan Page was my way of inviting others to see some of the equipment and to learn more about what women with Cervical Cancer endure during radiation treatment. To also provide a platform for those diagnosed with Cervical Cancer along with their friends, family, and associates to talk about the disease and create a virtual support group.

During the research process for finding electronic / digital links to post on the fan page I found that there were a lot of sites dedicated to breast, lung and skin cancer yet very few that spoke about Cervical Cancer. This seems add since the statistics show that 13,000 women each year are diagnosed with the disease. One group that looked to be more Web 2.0 savvy was the CDC (Center for Disease Control) they have a Pod Cast that discusses how getting regular Pap tests can save a woman's life.

The next step…

So let’s see I have blogged, tweeted and created a FanPage on Facebook. The next step is a video for YouTube. When I was speaking to my sister she thought that a it would be nice to see a video that she could watch that would life her spirits not be a doom and gloom presentation. Why not, I created the presentation in power point added some music I purchased and tried to upload. What was I thinking; this was the wrong type of presentation, no PPT or PPX allowed only WMV

This is when I thought that I was going to have to pay to convert the presentation and was wondering what I had gotten myself into. My normal perky attitude had abandoned me, as I scoured the internet to find out how to change the file from PPT to WMV, in its place was the pouty expression of exasperation. Thankfully I found that the wonderful IT person who loaded my computer software had included Windows Movie Maker. I made the changes and uploaded the video. Yahoo we are back in Perkyville!

Enjoy:

Please note that the images were either taken by myself or obtained free of charge from royality-free internet sites. The music was from the CD I purchased "A Tribute to Lurther Vandross" and is not intended for reproduction but merely to enhanace the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment